Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Addendum - A Small (or maybe large) Gripe

I 've noticed over the last few weeks that there are all these pop up ads on the Internet about earning thousands of dollars by simply going into websites and creating links, supposedly for Google. It sounds appealing and easy, but I knew there had to be a catch. In the meanwhile, I started noticing that on any website I visit, and even here on this blog, there are links that lead to nothing but more ads or comeons for various products or institutions.

Most website owners will have links to more information on their various pages. Those are underlined once and is set up to give the reader and opportunity to find more relevant information on the subject. The key word here is "relevant." See the double green underlines on some of the key words in my blog? Those are the links that have be created by these folks supposedly earning the big bucks for doing it. But if you click on those links they will go to pop-up ads or totally non-relevant websites or search engines.

To me, this is the equivalent of spam or phishing and it annoys the heck out of me. I resent going into a website that has legitimate links and also finding this non-legitimate ones. And I really hate that they're popping up on my blog! I don't want the friends (or strangers) who may read this blog to think I'm pushing something I'm not. I'm not sure if there's a way I can get rid of them - but I will if I can. There's probably no way to legislate having this stop, but I find it personally offensive.

Now that I've aired my gripe, continue reading below for the continuing saga of weight loss and fitness!

No comments: